It sounds strange, but looks incredible and probably tests even better. Check out this recipe from the My Diary of Us Blog. You may not like beets, but give them another chance. This dessert is a rather healthy alternative to the usual snacking foods during Netflix, it could even become your go-to-dessert.
- 3 Cups of 2% Greek Yogurt
- 5 Beets
- 1/2 Cup of Honey
- 1 Tsp. Olive Oil
- Sprinkle of Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap your beets (skin and all) in aluminum foil, drizzle with a tsp. of olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 45 minutes until the beets are fork tender. Let cool slightly and you will be able to remove peel with ease.
- Puree your beets until smooth. Chill completely, at least two hours.
- After your puree is smooth, combine your yogurt, beet puree, and honey into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add to your ice cream machine's frozen sleeve and follow your exact machine's instructions. If you don't have an ice cream machine, you can simply freeze the mixture.
- Churn the yogurt for about 30 minutes until the consistency is that of soft serve.
- Serve immediately or freeze to serve later.