You probably want to know why organic cotton is better for you and the environment in the long term. Below, outlined by the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), we list what organic cotton is and why it is a better choice.
- At all stages in the processing of the organic cotton, conventional fibres must be removed and separated from the organic fibres
- all chemical inputs must be evaluated and meet strict requirements (if used) regarding toxicity and biodegradability
- Toxic substances such as heavy metals, formaldehyde, aromatic solvents, functional nano particles (such as GMOs) and their enzymes are prohibited
- Knitting and weaving oils must not contain heavy metals
- Bleaches must not include any chlorine but only oxygen based bleaching
- All operators must have an environmental policy to minimise waste
- No pesticides or herbicides
s. rosa organic's 100% organic cotton tampons are natural and certified under the GOTS, so you know you're getting nothing but pure organic cotton that meets strict environmental, health and social requirements.