PMS. About 3 in 4 women will experience some form of this whether it's tension, anxiety, major mood swings (many crying spells here), fatigue, bloating or breast tenderness. Or all the above.
Although it is generally temporary, it can be really difficult. There are a number of lifestyle and home remedies that can help you out during this time.
- Eat smaller and more frequent meals to reduce bloating and the sensation of feeling full
- Limit salt and salty foods to reduce bloating and fluid retention
- Consume foods high in complex carbohydrates, such as fruits, vegetables whole grains
Incorporate exercise into your usual routine
- But first, sleep, sleep and sleep
- Deep-breathing exercises to help with stress
What tips do you have for reducing your PMS symptoms?